Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Do I Cop Out?

This morning, I woke up and went upstairs as usual, except that things didn't quite happen the way they usually did.

Within a few minutes of being awake, the grandmother started screaming and belabouring at me. She yells at me for not getting to work on time, for not taking care of the children the way I'm supposed to, for not doing all sorts of other little things the way they are supposed to be done.

Throughout her entire tirade, I didn't do anything besides nod and say "ok... mm hmm... I see your point".

And although most of her points were invalid, I did see her point.

Due to a misunderstanding, I was getting to work at 0845 instead of 0830 everyday for the past three weeks.

Her ranting made me feel as if I were 7 years old again and like my mother was going to discipline me. She was speaking to me as if I were a retarded dumb person who didn't seem to know anything about anything.

At the end of it all, she demanded that in her house, I had to start getting up at 7 am everyday and only get one day off per week instead of two.

Later, my boss (her daughter) got up and came downstairs only to find her mother in a foul mood and me being very shocked and muted. She yelled at her mother for trying to boss me around when it wasn't even her business and for imposing such rules on me when I wasn't even contracted for those hours in the first place.

Then while mother and daughter have a lull in their yelling match, the grandmother saunters up to me and proclaims that "it's all your fault that this is happening."

Then she asks me in a jilting voice if I was willing to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day starting from 7am each day. She goes "this is your chance to prove that you're all that you said you were during your interview. That you were willing to do anything. Are you willing to work from 7? If not, get out of my house."

I say nothing and her daughter yells at her again to leave me alone.

What a crazy morning.

To cheer everyone up, the family takes the kids and me out for a field trip later in the afternoon and I went for the go-kart and mini-golfing. It was fun but I was mentally exhausted.

I guess, vacation time is over...

My boss was ready to leave the house this morning due to her mother's unreasonable requests but I told her I'd just wake up at 7am to start from now on.

But I won't cop out just yet.

I feel as if God is testing me... And I know that the weaker I am, the stronger He'll be. The lower I go, the more my reward at the end... I just pray that as I approach my breaking point, He's right there to catch me in his arms...




P.S.

I just found something that gave me goosebumps...
A few months ago, I started being really obsessed with this song:



Today, I chanced upon the original version and finally heard the whole entire song.



It turns out that the song is called "Old Cape Cod".

Talk about creepy coincidence. Look where I am now! Living the song!

Maybe it's a sign............ Hmm!

No comments: