Tuesday, July 06, 2010

True Friendship

This year has been a rather eye-opening experience.

In the past month, I've lost a "best friend"; not because she wanted to "break up" with me, but because I realised that she was not being a true friend by betraying my trust.

I am a little heartbroken actually, but I guess that's just part and parcel of life. I'm also feeling very disappointed in people. I expected so much more from them. I told myself "hey Mindy why don't you think more positively about people? Have a little more faith in people?"... but I guess I was just being naive.

My gut instincts were right in the end.

You win some, you lose some.

I understand now that some leopards will never change their spots.

My grandmother told me that you may observe a person's face and speech, but you may never know a person's heart. Therefore, choose your friends wisely.

I never felt that to be so true until today.

Indeed, what a friend we have in Jesus!
He is the only one who can be a true friend.

No comments: