Thursday, July 07, 2011

Running Again

Last week I could barely run 17 minutes straight without stopping to walk- and even after stopping I would feel really light-headed and dizzy.

This week I told myself to stop trying to run at the same speed that I used to back in May (7:45/mile pace) so I've been running at 10:00/mile pace since Monday in an attempt to lengthen my running times. On Monday I actually managed to run for 30mins. Lots of self-doubt that day, but I prayed about it and God pulled me through. By Wednesday I felt a whole lot better and ran up to 40mins.

The weather has been rather hot around 33 Celsius and semi-humid, but eh, I figured it would be worse in Singapore so I might as well enjoy what I can now.

Just to put on my shoes everyday is such a huge struggle for me, but reading track news and Facebook status updates from the trackies really motivates me. Makes me want to get my lazy butt out there and keep pounding.


No comments: