Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Interview

I went for my first interview in Singapore today. 

Boy, when I finally put on all my clothes and looked into the mirror, my professional-looking self kind of scared me for a moment. I thought about all the times I watched my mom get ready for work when I was little, and here I was, preening myself just like she did when I thought she looked so "big" and "adult"! 

The interview didn't go amazingly well because I was a little bit too nervous. The interviewer kindly gave me some honest feedback afterwards and her comments such as "too fidgety" and "not enough energy" only served to highlight what I'd already suspected. 

Not all is lost though. I am really glad that my first interview did not go smoothly, so that I will be better prepared for my next one. 

Who knows?

I hope in a month or so, yours truly will be fully employed. By then I'd probably look back on this day and smile. I'll probably also miss my carefree (extended) summer days. 

Tomorrow is going to be an important day. I am going to spend some serious time with the One who will give me a REAL interview someday... You know, the one where He decides whether I go to heaven or hell......

My mind is heavy but my heart is light. 

Praise God for all the things He's done in our lives! Even the "bad" things! I am praising Him for them because "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)


2 comments:

hikari said...

hey hey, so what kind of jobs are you looking for? you can answer this when we finally meet... anyway, i like reading your blog :) it's super refreshing :) guess it's nice to know that my friend is walking with God and even though it's hard at times or most of the time, but there are still so many many blessings along the way :)

in case you don't know, your posts do "shine". i can say this because i was reading a few blogs when i before i read yours. and yours really shine :) haha... keep shinning for God friend! :)

Mindy said...

:) Thank you Eileen! I'm going to see you today!!! AHHHH!!! So happy :)