Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ramen Yesterday

These days, I look forward to the times when my kitty has konked out and there is no more loud wailing voice screaming for a male cat's attention.

Yesterday was a very nice day. I met up with Desmond in NYC for some supposedly "best ramen in town yet" at Setagaya in St. Marks. And I won't lie; the ramen was pretty awesome. There's just nothing like a delicious bowl of steam rising to greet your numb face. By the time I was finished, my cheeks were quite red.
The only complaint that I have is that there wasn't a good balance between the proportions of meat, noodles and vegetables in the soup. Although I had eaten dinner before I went out, I still appreciated the warm bowl of soupy noodles after a walk through the cold windy city.
After dinner, we popped over to Pinkberry for some sweet dessert. Personally, it was a really nice treat after my piercing experience in St. Marks. Thanks to Desmond for coming with!

I never had Pinkberry "ice cream" in my entire life. Turns out it's not even ice cream. It's a scoop of yoghurty stuff that is sort of ice cream like. Nevertheless, it was so yummy and I was really upset when I finished my small cup in less than a minute. I didn't even get another one because those sugarbombs weren't cheap.
After a few minutes of sitting, Lidija arrived and I'm really glad she did. I haven't seen her for quite some time now. If I'm not wrong, it was still warm during the last time we met- which means that it was a long time ago.
Yesterday I fell in love with walking in the city again. Sure, the wind was quite relentless and cruel. Sure, there were creepy people on the train. But there's just something about turning street corners and not knowing what to expect that gets me excited.

And if you really wanted to save money, you wouldn't eat out at all. Oh I don't know. Everything in New York City is expensive.

As with everything else in my life, nothing's really worth talking about. Just the same old same old drill. Oh, and I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" and ABSOLUTELY loved it! Initially, just reading the title made me not want to watch it. I thought it would just be some boring predictable plot about some hiphop personality who's trying to make it big in the entertainment business or something... The whole movie actually caught me by surprise (yes yes... I didn't even bother to watch the trailer or read movie reviews. I just made assumptions from the title) and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Watching India's poverty from the comfort of my bed really reinforced certain perspectives that I've had for some time now. I definitely recommend it!

As for this Ode to the Nice Guys (clickable) essay, I recommend that everybody read this before falling asleep tonight.

I am working towards being a Nice Girl.

Wish me luck! And goodnight!

No comments: