Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Work & Initial D

Bah. 
The resolution to blog more during the week is always easier said than done. It's already Wednesday and I haven't blogged about a single thing since last week. 

I just came back from dinner with my dad, took a bath and I'm sitting in bed now. Before diving into some Initial D (I'll talk about that later), I better write something.

These days, I've been thinking about what to do after my internship ends in February. Think my contract is up in about three weeks. During these past months, I've learnt a lot about the tech world and how things are run in a small start-up company. However my dad's been hinting for a long time now that I should probably try doing something else. He thinks that they're exploiting me! LOL.

I guess that's what internships are all about essentially.

Cheap labour.

But I don't mind, at least not for now. I'm just soaking it all up and finding out more about what kind of working life I'm likely to flourish in, and what kind I'm likely to perish in.

This is what I've got so far:

1) I don't respond well to negative feedback, however positive feedback gives my productivity level a big boost.
2) I enjoy having big responsibilities but don't care enough for the smaller ones.
3) I can't stay in the office all day or I'll die.
4) I love working with people- the more fun interaction, the better.


Great. 

It's like I'm back to square one. What kind of job would I really do well in then? 

For some reason, as weeks go by, I'm starting to feel that perhaps I'm just not cut out to do this current community manager shindig. I mean, I'm fine with being an intern and everything, but I don't feel like I'm a necessary piece in this start-up. I just don't see how I'm contributing enough to garner a salary.

Anyway, I'm done thinking about this work thing tonight. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy this job, I'm just trying to be honest with myself about where this is all going......

Okay anyway!

Yes, it's almost time for INITIAL D- which by the way, is only one of the best manga/animes ever!




I've already watched the entire anime three times (all four stages), and I'm currently re-watching it for the fourth time. Still not sick of it. Each episode is still as exciting as ever. Every time I go out to rollerblade now, the songs just keep playing in my head. If there was ever a time that I missed my Honda Civic EX, it's now. 

Sigh.

Oh yes, speaking of rollerblade, I'm gonna be out every Friday night now, blading from Orchard to MBS. I did it last week and now I can't wait for the next Friday to come! It was AWSUM. Just thinking about it gets my heart pounding. This week there will be more people joining me. Last week it was just Chen and I. *Cue crickets* Haha, but okay it was still fun!

Alright it's past midnightto. 

See ya!


No comments: