Friday, January 13, 2012

Rollerblading, Dinner & Talents

The reason I'm still up at this time of the night is because I just came home from rollerblading.... from Orchard Road to Marina Bay Sands and back! It was soooo awesome, my heart is still pounding from the adrenaline of blading on the street. I don't know what it is, but I just feel so free when I'm blading down the pedestrian path. Rollerblading is such a great way to tour Singapore! I really regret not bringing my camera. I decided not to at the last moment because it felt a little bulky in my fanny pack, but I most definitely will next time. The riverfront area looks really beautiful at night especially without the crowds of people.

Anyway, below are a few pictures that I did take during the past week.


I had dinner with XiaoTong on Tuesday. She hasn't changed much since our TK days, except that she's skinnier now. But she's still just as bubbly, smiley and chirpy!


We ate at... *drumroll*.... Sun With Moon at Wheelock Place again! Because I still had coupons left over, haha!


Finally decided to try the Agedashi Tofu, but it wasn't that great. I like when the tofu is real smooth on the inside but crispy on the outside. I can tell from the ridges on the side of this tofu though, that it's been bought from some supermarket. Kind of killed my impression of it. 


Salmon roll was whatever. Didn't taste particularly fresh.


As usual, the tonkatsu ramen hit the spot. I'm still not sick of ramen! Though from my last three posts, it seems like that's all I've been eating... 


Yesterday Val came for dinner. Audrey left early because she was really tired and wanted to sleep a certain number of hours for work the next day. I really admire her discipline in going home to sleep no matter what! I definitely do not have that kind of self-control when it comes to sleeping or eating according to a set schedule. Just check me out now blogging at 03:25 in the morning.

So this morning I tuned in to CLIMB via Skype for a very brief moment, but it was enough for me to hear what God wanted me to. 

The three men who were given talents in the Bible. That was the chapter Jay was talking about. Coincidentally (according to God's plan), it was the very thing I was reading about the night before. I knew that it was something I needed to pay attention to, but honestly I'm not sure what now. 

All I know is, God landed me in this job, at this particular office, with these very people for a very specific reason. 

A while ago, my boss started saying that he'd like to start attending church again. Once in a while, we'd have these conversations about Christianity and church, but there just seems to be something that's either missing or holding him back. 

Then tonight as I was out rollerblading with another coworker, he began asking me about what made me change so drastically and I told him that it was Jesus Christ. God changed me. I could never change myself even if I wanted to. 

I know God has given me different gifts and talents, but one day He is going to ask me what I did with them. Am I going to bury them in the field somewhere, or am I going to risk what I've been given in order to produce a harvest of righteousness later? 

I thank you Lord Jesus, for every single opportunity you've given me to witness to other people. Help me to be a shining example of Christ living in me at all times. I pray that I will always be humble at Your feet, giving You all the glory and praise. I pray that my life story will become a story written by You, for You. In Jesus' name, Amen. 

Amen, and have a blessed night everybody! 

:) 


No comments: