Thursday, January 05, 2012

Monthly Report


Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the super exclusive, rare exotic species of friend: Ms. Huimin! I don't know about you, but I generally have a pretty hard time trying to get her to come hang out. So meeting up with her for lunch on Tuesday was quite a special event.


I had a terrible craving for ramen that day, so we walked all over Great World City just looking for a reasonably-priced Japanese restaurant. It took us about fifteen minutes of back-and-forth walking, but we finally settled on Bishamon (next to McDonalds). I ordered spicy pork ramen, but was very disappointed in the end. The ramen itself was fine, but the soup was terrible. They shouldn't even call it "spicy" to begin with. Even the instant noodles,  Shin Ramun tastes better!


Huimin's baked pasta tasted slightly better. You could really taste a hint of baked cheese in it. 


Anyway, here's a bit of a digression... This is what you see when you first walk into my office. Yes, it's called Ching Chong *cue snorting laughter*


This is part of the view from the eleventh floor.


The view from another angle.


Yesterday, I went out to dinner with Ashley and her family. We had steamboat at Jpot in Vivocity. 


Besides the laksa soup, my favourite dish of the night has got to be this cute-looking dessert. It's bandung curd with nata de coco and sago seeds! Super yummy and refreshing! I know what you're thinking... It looks very sweet; but actually, the sweetness level tasted just right. 

Wow. This post was just all over the place.

I think my head kinda feels that way too. 

Yesterday, my boss gave me a monthly performance report. In a nutshell, I didn't do well. I've been falling short on quite a few things such as being proactive. I also need to work harder on my communication skills. I realised that a lot of problems really stemmed from my lack of transparency with the work I'm doing. Instead of updating my boss regularly, I've been busy living in my own world while he's wondering if I'm doing any work at all. 

But no worries! I'm grateful for such constructive criticism. Now that I know exactly what I have to work on, all I have to do is improve on those things, right?

Well......

Yesterday and today, I began to feel stressed at work for the first time. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I started to really feel "responsible". Not that I felt irresponsible before, but I just began to understand how much weight I actually bear in the company. They didn't just hire me for some little internship- I'm actually here to help build something

I don't know how to explain it without it coming out wrong either way. 

But basically, the ultimate realisation pointed in a single direction--->

I need God's help. 

Without His guidance, His support, His wisdom, His strength, there is just no way I'm going to be able to survive through the next few months or even years. There are so many things I need to get done at work, but 80% of what I'm doing depends entirely on factors that I cannot control. Who can I turn to to help me then? Only God can help me. Only He can turn dead ends into new beginnings, the desert into a fresh spring. 

Dear God, there are many things that I still do not understand. There are many ways in which I still fall short, but You are perfect and full of wisdom. You are in control of all things- the universe was established by Your Word. I just pray that You will guide my every step as I commit my job and life to You. Help me to see things the way You do. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 


No comments: