Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Updates Since Christmas

Sorry. sorry. I've been a slackerella, and I really have no excuses other than busyness and laziness. They're not very good excuses eh?

Also, I'm not even gonna bother to write a "let's look back on 2011" post because it'll probably take a million hours and take up three whole separate posts. Still, 2011 was an amazing year for me and I am so grateful to God for it! I'm just gonna cherish all those moments in my heart... 

The following pictures are just a quick run-through of what I've been up to. I'm going to really try to be more regular with these kinds of posts. 


Okay so this first picture is kinda lame. It's a baby grasshopper that was sitting in my spoon. For my dad's birthday last year (hah!), we went to Owen's Seafood at Turf City for dinner. I was quite sad when the waitress came to change my spoon. I asked her why she was taking away my friend and she looked at me like I was crazy. 


Oh yeah... *rubs tummy*... Bamboo clams, prawn soup, veggies, fried bee hoon, etc... The food didn't disappoint, as usual. 


After dinner, we celebrated at home with a nice little chocolate cake. Happy birthday Papa!


A day before New Years' Eve, I headed to Ah Yee's house for a nice BBQ dinner. 


My aunts got a little cheeky and got on the little kids' bicycles for a ride round the neighbourhood!


On New Years' Eve itself, I'd spent the whole day rollerblading at ECP. I was literally there from 09:00 till 16:00. Talia met me later and we gulped down fresh sugarcane juice at East Coast Lagoon Food Center. It was the best tasting sugarcane juice I've ever had in my life!


So awesome to be skating in that wonderful park again... 


Sunday, 1st January 2012, I spent the late afternoon walking around Katong with Talia. I finally got to visit the new mall called 112 Katong. It was kinda cute, I liked it! Lots of mushroom-looking things around. And the interior gave me a rather Peranakan feel; very appropriate!


For dinner, we headed to Katong Shopping Center to eat at the dear old Katong Gourmet Center. Gourmet sia!


As usual there was a line in front of the chicken rice stall. Katong Shopping Center's chicken rice is famous!


Talia had chicken rice.


I opted for pepper chicken chop from the Western food stall instead. You know what? It was actually pretty good! I was very pleasantly surprised. The sauce was good, but what was really REALLY good was the crispy chicken chop underneath. 


After lunch, we went walking around an area where I used to live. 


Managed to catch a stunning glimpse of the setting sun.


Singapore still has some peaceful neighbourhoods after all... 


Di Tanjong Katong...... You will always have a special place in my heart.


Monday, 2nd January 2012 was a public holiday, so I met up with Audrey, Rhoda and friends for lunch. 


We had lunch at Itacho in ION Orchard. There's usually a long queue in front of the restaurant so I assumed that the food was good or something. Oh boy, I was wrong. Not only was the food subpar, the service was also confusing. I felt that they were short-handed and their staff seemed rather stressed and all-over-the-place as a result. And not only was there a queue going in, there was also a queue on the way out of the restaurant- at the cashier where you had to pay. 

Blah. I hate crowded places like that, especially when the food quality doesn't match up. 


Rhoda's the first person from SPC whom I've met in Singapore. She was visiting her parents over winter break and I'm glad we were able to meet up.


What a small world. Turns out that one of Audrey's friends actually goes to the same school as Rhoda in London!


After lunch and a movie with Talia (We Bought A Zoo), I went to Pasir Ris Pond with Benedict and some of his friends for an evening of fishing adventure!


This was my first time fishing in Singapore, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Back in Pennsylvania, the fish species are different and obviously we didn't go to paid ponds to fish. 


I was happy when I finally caught my first fish! 


However, due to a series of unfortunate events, a part of my reel fell off and went missing. I searched high and low for it but to no avail. STINKS! Like seriously??!!!! I went to the fishing store and they didn't even have any spare parts of that brand. Looks like I might have to buy an entirely new reel. I am also considering getting a more sensitive rod- they're more fun to use. Mine is a little too stiff. 


I think between rollerblading and fishing, this has got to be the best weekend I've had in Singapore so far!


This needs to be the soundtrack of my life...




No comments: