Friday, October 07, 2011

Goodbye

Yesterday was the last full day I spent in my house. All the furniture and stuff got packed up this morning and now I'm typing from a hotel room. I know that this may well be the last time I will ever sleep in that bedroom. I have had so many memories there... It was so weird to see it standing empty after the movers had gotten the bed out and everything. 

Goodbyes are so sad yet so exciting at the same time. I don't see what's around the bend, but because of my hope in Christ, I know it is something better! No matter my circumstances, I know my residence in heaven is waiting for me. 

I wonder what Mr. Jobs was thinking during his last few moments. As a professing Buddhist, was he waiting to experience reincarnation? Or perhaps he already felt that he'd achieved nirvana. If that were the case (and I hope not), how horrible the sights he must've seen after leaving earth!

The despair... The lack of hope. 

And not just for Mr. Jobs, but for all people around the world. What a terrible thing it is to place your hope in something your whole life, only to die and realise that it has only led you to ruin and destruction! 

Praise God for revealing Himself to those He loves, for building our faith, giving us hope beyond death and joy despite all circumstances! 

Joy despite all circumstances eh... 

For some reason, I've been gradually getting more and more irritated all day today. It got to the point when I couldn't even eat dinner with my family anymore and had to go lie down in the car by myself. I examined myself and realised that I've just been getting more and more judgmental (again). I keep analysing everything my family says and does- then I get mad when it doesn't match up with God's Word. Of course it doesn't! They're not Christians and we're certainly not all perfect! But my rotten heart still demands this perfection from others. Why? Am I even perfect myself?

Sigh. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gotta chill a little.. don't so irritated la.. haha


Alison