Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Dear everybody who's invited to read this blog: thank you for putting up with my sporadic blog-switching behaviour!

I actually wanted to continue blogging on Moyalyubov but they only allowed me to select readers who were current Wordpress users while Blogger allows me to invite anybody I want. Also, Wordpress only gives me 35 readers while Blogger gives me 100.

In this case, I'd say Blogger is a win!
Plus, I already have a working account on here anyway.

Well... and due to a laziness on my part to report all my daily activities to different people, I've decided to revert back to my old blogging style.
Pictures and thoughts peppered with some act-smart comments.

Laaaa la la~!

So let's begin.

Yesterday after breakfast with Nanny, I met up with Huimin at Bukit Gombak MRT station.
Huimin had never been to Xiao Guilin before and I wanted to show her this secret spot hidden in the west side of Singapore.

Being a long-time east coast resident, Huimin had never been to the Bukit Gombak neighbourhood to hang out before.

From the outside, she didn't believe that there really was a stadium inside.

But... ta-dah!! There it was!

We walked from the stadium to Xiao Guilin.

Since the day started out with rainy weather, there weren't too many people at the park.
We were lucky to have the whole place to ourselves.

We had to climb over a fence to get to this view.
And even though it looks as though she's wearing a dress, she's actually wearing a long shirt over a pair of really tiny shorts.

Isn't the view great?
We pretended that we weren't in Singapore anymore!

Later, we adjourned to Bukit Batok where I spent a large chunk of my childhood.
The place had undergone dramatic changes, but certain smells and sights remained the same. It was enough to bring memories flooding back.

The best Hokkien Mee!

After food and walking around, Huimin left to go to her favourite place in the world (Changi Airport) to do her favourite thing in the world (send people off at Changi Airport) while I went back home to prepare for a later event.

My uncle invited me for some army alumni thing in SAFTI.

It sounded pretty interesting so I decided to go. Plus my Ah Kim (eldest uncle's wife) said there was going to be food and whatnot.

My Dua Gu (eldest uncle) was there to see his former cadets and colleagues.

They said they would introduce guys to me. Make the cadets come talk to me.
I said NO thanks.
So embarrassing!

Plus, my standards are so high... I think I just might remain single for the rest of my life.

The night dragged on since the food was pretty much non-edible.

However the many karaoke performances coupled with performances by the local band Tabula and Tan Ke-Wei kept things sort of going.
I guess one needs to be in the army to actually appreciate such army alumni events.

The cadets got up to dance.

Dua Gu's colleague has such a cute daughter! She kept covering her ears while Tabula was jamming away. The music really was quite loud.

Happily, the night ended with me bringing home multi-coloured glowsticks and raving in the bedroom.

Super fun!

Everyday brings new experiences.

But I can't help but always remember that this fun is going to end someday soon. I just constantly feel so blessed to be able to enjoy my summer that I don't know what to say sometimes.

Thank you God?

But what He asks for is our heart isn't it? For our pure unaffected heart to be all His and His alone.
I have no objection to that.
:)

No comments: