Monday, June 28, 2010

500th Post- Dinner With Elly & Alisa

Today was my first time going to the new mall next to Bugis Junction called Iluma.

I had never heard of it before, so when my friend messaged me saying that we were meeting at "Iluma... opposite Bugis Junction", I thought she had meant to type "I am... opposite Bugis Junction" instead.

The whole mall reminded me of a beehive, with the outside resembling a honeycomb and the lights waving like the wings of bees hanging outside a real hive.

We went to Coffeebean for dinner, a drink and dessert. Elly and Alisa are the first real colleagues I ever had. We worked together in an office about 7 years ago and still keep in touch even though we're all doing different things in our lives right now.

Pardon the grainy ill-lighted picture. I was too hungry to care about picture quality.

My chicken mushroom pasta thing tasted alright; but for $9.90, the portion was a tad too small.

Oh well.

The Bugis market at night is a very different place. $10 to $15 discount racks everywhere!

It turns out that the storekeepers like to put out stuff for sale past the so-called rush hour of shopping. Which means that after 2030 or so, you get to enjoy a relatively empty shopping space and lots of discounts to browse over.

I got two tops that were originally $30 each for $15 each.

So glad that I decided not to buy them a few weeks ago when I first set eyes on them.

I wish Singaporeans would complain less about this country. You can't live this kind of life anywhere else in the world!

No comments: