Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Be Quiet

Today was a slight improvement, in terms of holding my tongue- or so I thought. 

When my dad came to pick me up from work to go for a run, we got into this heated debate about whether or not internships are necessary after graduation from college. Thing is, I hardly ever disagree with my dad when it comes to life topics. I always look up to his opinions because he's been around way longer than I have, and he usually turns out to be right! However, during today's conversation, I just couldn't bring myself to agree with him. 

It got me really frustrated after a while. 

I texted Talia about it to vent a little bit (sorry about that randomness haha), but right in the middle of my texting, I suddenly remembered what I blogged about last night. 

Patience. 

Humility.

Sigh.

Well, the good thing is that we never brought the conversation far enough for it to become a debate or even an argument. Yet I was quite disturbed by how much it bothered me. 

It really is true that when you set your heart to do God's will, the devil is always right there tempting you! 

Anyways, this week sure is rolling by fast. This Thursday I'll be attending the Penn Olson's Asian Startup Conference for work. The last conference I attended was the Eastern Economic Conference in 2010 and that was one of the most boring things I've ever been to. Hope this Thursday and Friday will be very different affair!


No comments: