Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Skating & JB Weekend


I've had a beautiful weekend full of skating and trips into JB, Malaysia for supper. Took lots of pics, but don't really feel like loading all of them on here. 


I can't imagine going anywhere without my skates these days... We explored the entire Woodlands and Yishun area on Saturday. Being on the streets there was like going back in time to see Singapore the way I remember her in the early 90s. Life seemed more simple back then.


For the third night in a row, I went to JB with my dad and his side of the family for dinner. The last two times, I went with Jerome and Ah Bao. Think I prefer going with Jeff and Ah Bao because that means I get to stretch my legs in the entire backseat; whereas in my dad's car, I get carsick and cramped in the backseat with five people in the car. 


Breathtaking skies over the Johor Straits on Sunday night. 




__________________________________________________________





Recently I've been struggling to choose between spending my time on running or skating. 

Most nights, I end up skating instead of running. Why? I can't deny that running gives me a much greater "high" than skating does, unless I skate for 4-5 hours hard, non-stop. But I can see so much more around the city if I'm on skates. That, and I can go much longer. 

Guess the reason why I keep coming back to skating is simply because I feel so free when I'm on wheels- like I could go anywhere, anytime. There are no boundaries. On wheels, I can fly... 




No comments: