Monday, March 25, 2013

Fun & Games


Some of you are probably sick of hearing me talk about DDR already, but no matter, you can always skip the next few sentences :)


Finally managed to get a AAA the other day. Barely made it too, since AAA scores are 990,000 and above. I was so happy, I wanted to hug everybody in the arcade... But I didn't, because that would be weird. 

Sadly, there have been no repeat AAA performances since that day last week. At most, I'll be scoring 970,000+ on a ESP 11 song and that's only a AA grade. 


Last week TKA Bugis finally got the new DDR2013 upgrade kit and they moved the machine from the back to the front where there is less noise interference from the other machines. The price went up from $1.50 per game to $2.50 per game. Although it's really expensive now, it's still my machine of choice since it's the only one in the whole of Singapore that has e-amusement (an online system which links up the Asian countries with Konami, the company that created and runs DDR). 

Having e-amusement means 
1) Being able to unlock and play new songs
2) Saving high scores under your username
3) Competing with other players' high scores

However, it's just too bad that the DDR machine at TKA Bugis happens to be an old and outdated black cabinet. I wish we could get the HD ones that they have in Japan......


And speaking of Japan, my ordered Tamagotchis finally arrived last week! This one on top is a version 5.



This is a version 3 Tamagotchi. I love the pastel colours on it, makes me feel all happy inside. 

I haven't opened the Tamagotchis from their packaging yet because I'm afraid I won't have much time to play with them.

  
I opened up and started playing with my mini Digimon though. 

Man, the memories... 


Early this morning I went to Macritchie Reservoir with Alicia (who is my cousin's daughter, so technically she has to call me "Aunt" even though she's almost my age LOL) for a morning jog. It had rained the night before and the air was fresh and cool as a result. 

A mysterious layer of mist hung over the water surface.


In the usual spot where men like to sit and throw bread into the water, a school of fish were silently waiting.


We ran into the rainforest...


Had breakfast at the Mushroom Cafe. My kaya toast came with cornflakes inside. It was kinda weird, but I got used to it. 




No comments: