Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Land of the Setting Sun

So here I am sitting on my bed being tired... typing away on my laptop... Listening to the same song that's playing on this blog right now.

I've been having a rather strange week so far- but I'm sure my thoughts will rearrange themselves sooner or later (hopefully by this weekend). They always have a way of rearranging themselves before the week is over.

Anyways... I woke up this morning feeling like a piece of cabbage that's been left on the stove to boil for hours. By the time I got to school, my brain had already melted and was about to drip out of my ears. I walked around in a semi-daze thinking about the most random stuff ever. When I talked to people it was almost as if I were talking to them through a glass window- I never really knew if my words reached them or not and I only had a slight idea of what my lips were saying...
Though the past two mornings were really sunny, the afternoons have generally come down to this- stark, white, cold and brief.

Oh yes. It's that time of the year again.

You guys back in Singapore have no idea how nice it is to have the sun for such a long time compared to here. At 1700, the sun is pretty much gone and you're plunged into a deep cold darkness. It's sad because after school ends at 1400, you really only have 2-3 hours of sunlight then it's gone.

Poof
.

Just like that.
Monday I worked at 7 World Trade Center on the 45th floor. The view was breathtaking.
Watching the sun set over NYC (and it was a 360 degree view) made me realise how many sunsets I'd missed watching in my lifetime. I mean, seriously... How many beautiful sunrises and sunsets have occurred already that I've let slip me by?

Of course if I had all the time and resources in the world I'm sure I'd be a lot better at catching sunsets and sunrises... In the meantime, only the lucky few get to pause from their personal ratraces to enjoy such a special moment; so when I do get the chance, I feel blessed.

Most of us have been asked this question before: which do you prefer? The sunrise or the sunset?

I honestly prefer the sunset, just because it gives me this tingling sensation in the back of my head that something wonderful is about to happen... something magical, romantic... It is like a gateway to another beautiful world.

My nights are always special...

My mind is drifting again. I'm off to bed. I sense a really good dream coming on tonight.

Technicolour, surround sound...

Goodnight!

No comments: