Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Good Life

Okay, before my workday really gets kickstarted, I'm just gonna make a little blogpost, if not I may never get one out for days again!

Yesterday, I finally emailed the Christian bookstore downstairs to ask about a possible prayer meeting. To my excitement and delight, they said they were definitely open to letting Christians in this office building meet in their conference room during lunch hours! I am going to talk to the lady who emailed me in person later. I CAN'T WAIT to meet the other Christians in this building and start praying for the Holy Spirit to come bless this place and the people here! 

So that's one thing I'm really really looking forward to. 

Yesterday evening, I met up with Amanda at Bugis Street for some late-night shopping/reminiscing. It was kind of cool to hang out together like this after so many years again. The last time we browsed at Bugis together was when we were still in our school uniforms, wringing our hands about how we were going to buy stupid things with the last remainder of our pocket money. 

Amanda is such an awesome person/friend! I really admire her strength and passion for God despite her struggles. It only goes to show one thing- when a person is humbled by life circumstances, it actually becomes easier to praise God and to see His Glory, not the other way round. For those whose lives are actually going so well that they have very little struggles whatsoever, it really is harder to see God's provision and power. 

I guess that's why, even though life is going well for me, I am actually kind of scared. I don't want to fall into the easy trap of "comfort" and "luxury". I'm afraid that my heart will begin loving the world again and grow cold for Christ. I also suppose this is the reason for fasting, and the reason why there is suffering in a Christian's life. These things are actually for our benefit because suffering makes it so much easier to lean on God. 

I'll try to blog more tomorrow. 

Tata!


No comments: