Thursday, November 03, 2011

Don't Speak Defeat To Me!

Have you ever felt haunted by your past? Sometimes, it's as if you just couldn't escape from the memories or accusations that seem to surface when you least expect it. At least that's how I feel. I realise that even though I have changed inside, many people will not recognise that change. Instead, they will forever remain stuck in their old stereotype of you. There are some people who will never forgive me for what I have done or said to them. And there are others still who will hate me even more for becoming Christian- thinking that it's hypocritical for me to do so. 

No matter what I do or say, my actions and words will always be tainted by their soiled perception. Even if you are nice to them, your "niceness" will only be shrouded by their theory that you have ulterior motives. (I'm not talking about us, Talia... Haha) 

I would like to say that I've accepted this fact, but that would be a lie. 

I am bothered when I find out that my intentions have been misunderstood from the beginning. I am sad when I realise that I can never gain these people's trust. And I get all the more angry when people have all these misconceptions about you, but they don't even know the full story. 

Yet what can I do? What can I say? 

Nothing at all... 

This is why we should always remember that it is JESUS who is our righteousness. It is not our works or our words that make us righteous. Neither are the thoughts of others that justify us. Rather, it is Jesus taking on our sin that justifies us in the EYES OF THE LORD. The reason why I capitalised that is because those are the only eyes that ultimately matter right? 

See it doesn't matter what men think about me or you. Those people will meet their end someday and we'll all have to answer to God. At that point, don't you think the only opinion that matters will be God's? So as long as I am justified as a righteous person in God's eyes, that's all that's needed. Everything else can only serve to bring me down.

And just how would I know that I am justified in God's eyes? You may ask.

Because He told me so? Sure! He tells us in His Word that "Therefore being justified by faith. We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)

There's more to be said on this subject, but I doubt anyone would want to read a ten page essay on faith and justification right now. But if you are really curious, why not ask God Himself? Why not actually read what He says on the subject?

:) 

Dear God, help me to see things from Your perspective. Put those whispering lies and accusations behind me. Silence any slanderous tongues that wag against me. I am a justified child of God, washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. In your eyes, I am pure and lovely. I pray that my words and actions may reflect the love of the Holy Spirit that dwells in my heart. Please help me to not resent or hate those who hate me. But rather, help me to love them unconditionally as You love them too. I pray for those who cannot find it in their hearts to look past my failures. Father in Heaven, will you help them to grow beyond this point, so as to overflow with Love instead of judgement? Give them gracious hearts and minds and sear their hearts with an iron. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been 6 days since your last post....where are you?