Friday, December 02, 2011

Busy With Work

Whew! I finally got some time to blog again! :D 

Right now I'm sitting in the hallway again because it's the only place (still) with an Internet connection in my house. 

Let's see... Work went quite well for the first half of the week, but now I am faced with some challenging problems to solve. For the first time in a long time, I haven't felt this kind of pressure building up. It kind of reminds me of the days when I was working on my thesis, or studying for finals.

I love it when God puts these reality checks on me. 

It's in moments like these when I realise that all wisdom, energy, etc. is actually given to us by God and He is ultimately the only one with a say in whether our efforts are going to succeed or not. 

Some people think that as long as you work super hard at something, you will surely achieve greatness. While hard work does bring a profit, success is not always guaranteed. Eventually, luck and chance happen to all. You may train all you want for a race, but there are just too many factors that you cannot control when it actually comes down to winning the race on your own efforts. You can't control how good your competitors are. You can't control your health, your mental state, the weather, etc... You can only ask for God's mercy and favour. 

:)


No comments: