Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The First Shall Be Last

Hey guys... It's been a LONG time since I've blogged with pictures. But really, my life ain't all that exciting. 


Unless you're hanging out with Talia, I guess... During the week that all the Abercrombie models were here, I refused to join in the crowd to go see them. I hate crowds! (And Abercrombie too.) However once the mob subsided, I thought, why not go check out their new flagship store in Singapore? 


Talia decided to chat one of them models up.... Okay, he's really an ex-classmate. 

The store overall was quite intricately laid out. I liked the typical wooden interior. And of course, their perfume filled your nostrils so you really gotta take a deep breath of outside air before going in. What I didn't enjoy though was all the A&F models greeting you EVERYWHERE. It was crazy. You couldn't walk more than five meters without saying hello to at least four or five people. I felt more like I was entering an exclusive club than a store. Feh, I would never be able to shop in peace there!


Saturday, I joined Audrey and her friend for dinner at Absolute Thai in 313 Somerset. The mango salad was whatever-tasting. The green mango wasn't sharp enough. The flavours all kind of fell flat. I don't know what else to say about it. I'm not a food blogger.


The seafood tom yam I guess was the only dish that I kind of enjoyed. To be fair, I had eaten a late lunch and didn't actually have much of an appetite.


We've been hanging out more than usual since it's her school holidays.


Hmm... What does that mean? Our waitress barely serviced us all night. Not that it's a bad thing; but more than hospitality at a restaurant, I prefer good food. 


Sunday passed by like a blur. Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. 


Looks good eh? Sun With Moon in Wheelock Place isn't great though. In my humble opinion, it's not worth a second visit. However they did give us $49 in food vouchers- might as well use them right? They'll be valid starting January 1st, 2012.


See, I've really been seeing a lot of Audrey!


We were actually trying to set someone up with a girl that night. Strangely, I feel too old to be part of such shenanigans. But I don't want to hide away in my own little world. I've actually been putting in more effort in hanging out with people, though I'd really rather just stay home and sleep or read a book. 

*Aaaaallllll byyyyy maaaaselffffffff.... Don't wanna be...*


And it's been raining like crazy everyday. But I guess that's to be expected in December. On a positive note, at least it's cool enough to run in the mornings. 


Here's a peek in my office. Cool right? I love that we don't wear any shoes and that there aren't any cubicles separating us. My computer is the second closest one. 

This week's gonna be a little more busy than usual, but I still love it!
There are other things that I do not love though... Let's just say that I feel tested all day, everyday. And as Talia put it, I'm afraid that I will fail. 

Sigh... 

Sometimes, just thinking the thoughts themselves already makes me feel as if I've already failed. 

It's kinda stupid but I keep worrying that the easier life gets, the further I'm going to get from God. I wonder why some Christians are persecuted, thrown into prison, while others like myself, get to lead such comfortable well-fed lives? 

The Bible tells us that the "last shall be first, and the first shall be last" (Matthew 20:16)

Maybe life is easy for me because God knows that I'm not strong enough right now to suffer like those missionaries in foreign countries. I'm having other troubles already just living day to day. What would I say if my life was on the line, and I was forced to deny Christ? Do I have enough faith? I honestly don't know. I hate imagining those kinds of situations but they still come to mind once in a while. 

People these days look at me like I'm some kind of rich girl just because I live in an expensive place. It makes me sad. I don't feel like I have anything to show off. Instead, I feel quite ashamed when I meet other people who are going through tough times. I'm not saying that I wish that upon myself, I'm not sure if I could handle it. I just wish that people would realise that being "first" in the world is really being "last" in God's eyes. 

Sigh...



No comments: