Friday, May 04, 2012

New Developments In Skating

Sooo, if you guessed that I've been spending all my time rollerblading in between work and sleep, you're about 95% right. 

Sadly, when I'm out skating, I can't really use my normal point and shoot without fear of dropping it- which means that I gotta use my iPhone to take pictures most of the time. All the following pictures are from Instagram =D


Tuesday was a national holiday and I didn't even know! Labour Day in Singapore falls on the 1st of May. Guess it's just been about eight years since that mattered to me so... 

Anyway, I went to East Coast Park to play that afternoon. How could I not spend the sunshiney day skating?


But this time, I finally gathered the courage to try the giant ramps at Xtreme Skate Park!

I've always wanted to go up and down these intimidating slopes, but it was always either really crowded, or I just chickened out. On Tuesday, I was fortunate to have Uncle Chuan patiently encourage me to try different things. 

Let me tell you... The first time I went down the large slope, it felt like a rollercoaster. That awesome sinking feeling in your stomach like you're gonna fall, but you don't.

In that one instant, I was HOOKED!

Because I didn't fall down my first, second or third time, I began to gain courage and gradually became more and more daring when faced with the drop. 

I can totally see why all the kids are here weekend after weekend, night after night now. This is just too much fun!


I left that evening feeling totally excited about skating. 

As if I could be even more excited than I already am!

I've been thinking... Is this it? Have I finally found something that I am naturally and totally passionate about, or am I just riding on a new high?

Here's a video I compiled of our nightly skates:

 

Hmm...




No comments: