Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Weekend Of Skating & Jayesslee

This past weekend was quite fun-filled again. I would love it if every weekend were this fun! But since not every weekend is this fun, I'll just cherish each one as they come along...


Friday night's usual skating brought us to Rex Theatre near Little India MRT where all the Indian Bollywood films are being shown.


We had quite a nice group of about 8 people that day.


Fifteen year old Malcolm is a semi-pro when it comes to skating. I wish you could see the way he fearlessly and effortlessly hops around the streets like a madman! 


The rest of us slower peeps are content to skate slowly.


Can't wait for the day when I can skate as well as Malcolm does!


Uncle Chuan and Maggie are veterans in this sport. I'm really glad they are so helpful and willing to show us younger peeps a thing or two as well. 


After skating that night, I went home right before it began to thunder and pour outside. I was so hungry however, that I decided to brave the wind and rain to get some supper downstairs. Thank God The Coffee Club is open 24/7! 

The puke-looking thing in the photo is actually a fabulous concoction of baked cheese, rice and mushrooms. It smelled and tasted amazing.


I woke up a few hours later just in time to go have breakfast with my family.


Went back to The Coffee Club yet again and had mushrooms yet again. 

It was then that I realised, their food is only good when I'm desperately hungry.


Went to check out my bro in his martial arts class.


I was giggling the whole time while watching him look really cute.


Later that Saturday night, I headed to Kallang Theatre for the Jayesslee concert. The place was so crowded! 


Shirley has been a fan of Jayesslee since they first launched on Youtube a few years ago. I've only just heard of them this year, thanks to Annie.


The peeps I came with to watch the concert.


Met Joanna there as well! 

You can't tell from this picture, but I had rushed straight to the concert after a few hours of rollerblading. Being unable to take a proper shower, I simply used a wet towel, changed into clean clothes and voila! 

Thankfully nobody said I smelt funky, though they could be just keeping it to themselves...


Our seats weren't front row, but they weren't all the way in the back either.


Kallang Theatre hasn't changed one bit since I was last year almost 9 years ago! That's a good thing.


The air buzzed with anticipation. 


Tattooed for the night.


Cheese!


I wasn't really sure what to expect from Jayesslee to be honest. I'd watched some of their Youtube videos, but watching them live is a totally different experience.


Surprisingly, they sounded a lot better live.


Though Janice's guitar playing went funky a few times during the show, I really respect that she only picked it up a few years ago and is able to play it so well now! Apparently she learnt all her guitar skillz from... wouldn't you know it, Youtube.


Thought Sonia's dress was really pretty and fitting.


Would I watch them live again? Yeah, why not?

I'm still not a fan exactly, but then again I'm hardly a real fan of any band or artist. I just think that if I were Janice or Sonia, I'd really appreciate it when people recognise and support my talent. On top of that, Jayesslee are outspoken Christians and they weren't afraid to sing "Amazing Grace" for their encore song. I love it when people live out their faith in words and actions alike. They are such good, non-hypocritical role models for young girls out there, so I'd definitely give my support to that!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mint, u didn't smell at all when we met... hahahaha. Loved watching the show with you.

One little correction from a loyal fan of Jayesslee -- the one playing guitar is Sonia and the nice dress was worn by her 10min older sister Janice. =D

Mindy said...

OOPS xD xD xD