Thursday, February 14, 2013

How I Spent Valentine's Day

Wow, Valentine's Day was such a huge success!

I woke up this morning feeling as if today was going to be a failure. Instead, everything went by smoothly and surpassed my expectations by far. 

I was supposed to take an exam at 2:30pm, so I resolved to wake up at 10am to study, despite going to bed at 6:30am. However, I did not hear my alarm and woke up closer to 11am instead. And guess what? Instead of studying, I just ended up procrastinating for the next two hours or so. It was simply an impossible task for me to focus on studying. 

With an hour left before the exam and my textbook still untouched, I decided to prepare myself mentally for the possibility of having to retake this exam. Still, I went online and memorised as many mock exam questions as I could before running off to the exam venue. 

I was late for 12 minutes and there was a crazy man sitting next to me in the exam room. He kept throwing a fit whenever he got frustrated with the exam and even banged the table so his computer mouse fell off the side. What a psycho! Totally distracted me during the whole exam.

When time came for me to press the SUBMIT button, I cringed inside, expecting to see four big red letters F A I L. Instead, I saw four big black letters saying P A S S !!!!!!!!

OAO

I was so shocked, I wanted to bang the table and throw my computer mouse off the side too!

Needless to say, I left the exam venue in extremely high spirits.


Ran off to Jaben at The Adelphi to get new earphones after that. 

The ones on the right are new, while the Hippo VB earphones are what I used to wear instead. 


After I paid for my purchase at Jaben, I got a very lovely surprise. They gave me two pineapple tarts, an angpow with real money inside, as well as two cuddly teddy bears! 

SO MUCH LOVE FOR ONE CUSTOMER???

I couldn't believe it. It really made my day!


In the evening, I went to JCube for an ice-skating session with some friends. Those of you who saw my Facebook status earlier on will know what this is all about. 


We played some game and won some prizes.


Had such a fantastic time ice-skating and just laughing till my belly ached!


And of course, after ice-skating, I simply had to run (literally run) over to Westmall for some last minute DDR action. 

I was really happy when I saw this score: 983,640. It's the highest score I ever received on a song! My next target score for this song will be a AAA, which is 990,000+ I think? Or is it 995,000? I don't remember exactly...

Yep, and with that, I went home nicely tired, but feeling very spoiled and loved all the same. 


Thank you God, for watching out for me even though I am such a terrible failure. Thank you for all the blessings, whether big or small. I am really grateful for everything! 




No comments: