Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dream & Boston Marathon

I had yet another disturbing dream last night, or should I say, this morning. 

I actually just woke up at 12pm. I don't know if it's the warm weather that's making me feel exceptionally drowsy or what, but for some reason I just could not get my heavy bones out of bed this morning. Maybe being on the phone with Talia till 3am played a part too.

Since 10 this morning, I kept having this dream that continued even between times when I would wake up. Upon falling back asleep, the dream would just continue where it left off. 

The gist of this dream was about me trying to prepare and escape for some sort of nationwide attack. I didn't know what the attack would be, but all I knew was that it could happen anytime, anywhere. I found myself trying to dress appropriately for a disaster when I went out, as well as looking for possible places to hide when disaster did strike. 

In my dream, the government had already warned the citizens that something was going to happen and they even provided "safety pods" which were kind of like small space ships that would be activated remotely by the government. My family was one of the lucky ones to get a safety pod designated to us because I have two little brothers. 

In my dream I was trying desperately to travel back to the safety pod's location as fast as I could while making preparations for disaster on the way there. I had this ominous feeling of impending doom you see, and I felt in my heart that time was running out. But when I got to the safety pod's location, I found out that my parents had gone on a trip to another part of the country and so I had to wait there for them to come back. 

When the sirens sounded for people everywhere to enter their safety pods, my family still did not return. People were telling me to get on the safety pods anyway but I didn't- partly because I did not trust that the government was really going to save its people via the safety pods. So, I stayed behind to try to outrun the "enemies" that were already on their way...

It was in this frame of mind that I awoke and switched my phone on, only to read about the Boston Marathon bombings. 

Ya know, in my whole life, I've always been sleeping whenever such things happen. 

When 9/11 happened, I was sleeping, thanks to the time difference between US and Singapore. When the 2004 tsunami happened, I was also sleeping. When the 2011 earthquake happened in the afternoon in the East Coast of the US, I happened to be taking a nap. 

I know the Bible tells us about the last times being times that area filled with natural disasters, wars and rumours of wars, famines, etc... And more than ever, I feel as if we are living in the last times. 

I cannot imagine how I would have handled the situation if I were a spectator or runner at the Boston Marathon. For all the people there, I can only pray that they will not live in fear from today onwards, and that their injuries will heal. For the families who have lost loved ones, I cannot imagine their pain. The suddenness of it all........ 










No comments: