Saturday, May 25, 2013

Last Few Weeks Of Being 23

My birthday is coming up next week and I can't help but feel a little sad. As the years roll by and I leave my teenage years behind, I find myself wishing that time could stand still. I know youth is a gift and it doesn't last for long. Like a whisper, it comes and goes. 

I also know that someday in the future, I am going to wake up and realise that I needed to sleep at 9pm not 3am. My bones are going to feel more brittle and my muscles- less responsive. 

Almost all my hobbies involve raising my heart rate to a racing bpm, which is why I dread the day my body fails on me. 

I look at all these young kids around me doing things I wish my fifteen year old body were still around to do. 

So it is with such a mindset that I have been living life. 

Fast-paced. 

No space to breathe. 


Few weeks ago Shirley, two other friends and I went skating/cycling at East Coast Park.


We made it to Bedok Jetty.


And stayed out there moon-gazing for some time.


It was so beautiful, big and bright that night.


On a different day, MingXian drove us both into Johor Bahru, Malaysia. We had lunch at a wanton mee place.


Spent almost two hours grocery shopping in KSL City Mall.


Had dinner at the Bamboo restaurant.


Hung out at Danga Bay after dinner.



Poor MingXian had no choice but to be dragged onto this ride. Even though it was small, it was really fun!



Then we just took a million photos for the rest of the night.


Had a Friday night urban skate as usual to the recently-finished Marina Bay Sands hawker centre.


Met up with the Davidians for our monthly get-togethers.


Went ice-skating with the usual Friday urban crew on a separate Friday.

 

Fell while telling people to "watch out for the curve in front". 

LOL 


Attended Shan Shan's graduation ceremony.


I love graduation ceremonies. I love them even more when they're held in a church with a service and worship before and everything. 

Well, I guess this was my first graduation ceremony that was held in a church with a service and worship before and everything. 

I cried during worship. The songs we sang somehow made me think about how lucky we were with Eric's situation and how God's grace just saves us... weak sinners... I thought about our mission in life and whether I am living out that mission to bring people to Christ. 

Hmm. 

(Note to self: don't wear mascara to church services, graduation or not)


Skated around MBS (yet again) with the three amigos. 


Snacked on the night view.


Finished off with a heavy supper at 126 in Geylang.


This is only one-thirds of the food that we ordered and tried desperately to finish.


On Friday, I went prawning at Farmart with Alu.


And Annie!

Annie had quite a few firsts that morning. 

First time eating MacDonald's breakfast, first time catching a prawn and first time being at Farmart!



Nothing beats eating the prawns you caught. 

Swimming one moment, dead and cooked the next. YUMZ.


So, horrors of horrors. 

I just got back from Skateline's monthly Saturday Night Skate and it was on this fateful night that I dropped my iPhone twice and cracked its screen.


My phone looks like a rat just chewed on it now. 

T^T


The first of the birthday gifts have arrived.


A special chinese recorder-like instrument from Chuan gu & Aunty Pei Leng! 

It's too late to try it now since everybody is sleeping, but I'll probably start chirping away later this morning when I wake up for church.

Gonna be playing the piano at Sunday School later...






I don't know how to explain the rush and mix of emotions that I have right now. But one thing I know: no matter what the situation, no matter how old I am getting or how young I am feeling, my purpose in life is simply to praise God, and I have very good reasons to do so.

All my life Lord, I give it to you! I give all my energy, youth, money and time to the furthering of your kingdom. In every walk of life, I ask that you use me like a vessel to pour forth your Spirit. In every action, word or thought of mine, I pray that you reach out to those who need you most. 











No comments: