Wednesday, July 24, 2013

And Then I Let Go

So I finally let go of the thing/person that I've been holding on to stubbornly this whole time. It hurts a whole lot, but God gave me the grace and the strength to go through with it. I can honestly say that even through the pain, it feels good to do what God wants me to do. This was the first time I have been able to be "selfless" in a "romantic" sort of relationship. 

I don't know what the future holds, but God gave me many reassurances this afternoon. 

First, a verse from Haggai 2:19: 

"...From this day on I will bless you."

This verse struck me as I was reading the Bible before going to see him. I wrote it down in my book immediately and wrote today's date down. 

Secondly, as I was sitting dejectedly at the bus stop after our talk, a truck pulled up in front of me with two big words written on the side: 

"DELIVERING PROMISES"

That instantly reminded me of Dorie's vision which I'd almost forgotten about two years ago.

Lastly, Annie told me of a vision (that she's not entirely sure of) that she just received. She said she saw me "together with somebody that [she knows]". If this vision becomes reality, it will also be a confirmation to her that she does indeed have the gift of seeing visions.

Why am I writing all this down?

Because I know I will forget someday. I will live life like a rollercoaster and come to a scary drop someday, not believing that God is there to break my fall. This post is my Ebenezer stone, or rather, a reminder of God's faithfulness throughout my life.

I praise God today for all He has helped me to do! I did not know that I would even have the strength to stand, but I stood. I was not tested beyond what I could bear, even though it felt like it. He is faithful to do what He says He will! Amen!


Surely,

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13)



No comments: