Saturday, July 09, 2011

IBSP & More Spiritual Warfare

Went to Island Beach State Park yesterday with some friends.

Though the weather seemed unpredictable, it turned out to be a really nice day again. Not too sunny and not too cold- all thanks to prayer again!

I loved that the water felt slightly cool and the waves were perfect to body surf on.
After a nice stint on the beach, we cleaned up, packed up and drove the car further south to explore another part of the state park.

Unbeknownst to us, this particular section was infested with hordes of man-eating mosquitoes. It was a nightmare straight out of a scene from Jumanji.

Our short trek landed us on the beach where we dipped our toes for a while.

The place was empty except for one brave couple who decided that they were okay with man-eating mosquitoes all around.

Unable to take the bites any longer, we headed back to the car, only to find our legs covered in red welts.

Went to Umi for sushi afterwards.

Steph and I split a plate and it was really good!

I got home feeling all tired from the three hour drive but it was all good...... until I got onto Facebook.

Without going into details, I will just say that somebody had completely flipped out on me because of a misunderstanding and said some things that were hurtful to me on many different levels. This is a person whom I've always known to dislike me and has hurt me on several occasions by bringing up my past and airing it out in front of me and other people.

So to read those things and get vibes of complete hatred come against me really overwhelmed me for a while.

I was so glad that I could call Khads to cry and talk about it.

I just felt so stuck. I felt like I was under attack for no good reason and no matter what I did or said, there was nothing I could do to amend the situation.

That's when I realised that I really was under attack. Spiritual attack, that is.

Jay said a few weeks back during C.L.I.M.B. that Satan will try to attack you using two methods: either by messing up your relationships, or calling up your past to bring you down.

Last night, both of those tactics were definitely thrown out at me.

Khads prayed for me but I'll admit that I wasn't praying whole-heartedly along with her. I was just too distracted by my own state of mind. As a result, this entire day was spent in almost utter irritation at anything and everything possible.

It finally came to a point where I could feel a headache coming on and I knew I needed to just get out of the house, go for a run and have a talk with God.

So I did that.

And as I ran, God spoke to my heart. I knew I was being stubborn about certain things but He helped me give it up and leave behind me. I drove home in a much improved mood and things are better now.

I cannot believe how hard this week has been for me spiritually. Everyday it's just something else. But while times are tough, God is tougher. And all these trials and tribulations are doing nothing but pull me closer to the One who comforts and sustains me. In every way and everyday, His presence goes before me and I am so grateful for that.

Thank You, Lord, for being so patient with my disbelief this week. For understanding my weakness and my impatience. I've failed you so many times in my heart- but I know that when my imperfection manifests and I give it up to You, it is an opportunity for You to shave it off of me. I know that You are making me to be just like You. Thank You for continuing to do so. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.


No comments: