Thursday, July 14, 2011

Peaceful Summer Day

Whew I just spent about five hours straight baking a cheesecake and some raspberry linzer bars. It all looks so easy when you step into a store and see cakes and pastries all lined up prettily behind the display. But when you try to actually bake a cake, it's a whole different story.

Well I guess the mixing part is pretty fun, but the cleaning up isn't.

I wonder how much longer will my life be this quiet and peaceful? I have no worries, no stress, no nothing whatsoever but stretches of sunny days ahead. At least that's what it seems right now. I am fully resting in the arms of the Lord... and what a peaceful place it is. How secure, how loving, how beautiful.

Today I just lay out on the deck with Koshka and listened to flies buzzing in the distance as I stared up in the sapphire sky. The air was perfect- not too hot, not too cool. I could feel myself melting into the clouds. The trees were greener than usual......

La la la


No comments: