Thursday, July 12, 2012

Answered Prayer

I am so amazed this morning at how God always begins answering my prayers before I even finish praying them!

As I was getting ready for work today, I prayed that God would soften my hard heart and open doors of opportunities for my mom and I to be "okay" again. I also prayed for my upcoming missions trip, with an ongoing hope in my heart that God would always provide. 

Well, would you believe it. 

I walk out the bedroom door and my mom (who hasn't really spoken to me in a month or so) out of the blue says she's going to give me some money for the trip. 

:O !!!

AND she said it in a really non-threatening way (which is hard to believe too). 

Woahhhh..... 

But even then, I could feel my heart cringe. I didn't want to forgive and I didn't feel like accepting the money. I didn't feel like talking to her at all. My skin crawled. 

Dear God, why do I feel this way? I thank you for opening doors of opportunity and channels of communication between us, but I also pray that you would step in to my heart right now and mend whatever needs fixing. Help me to be gracious, humble and submissive. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 



1 comment:

tetyana said...

praying for you and your mom!