Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spiritual Thoughts

 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matthew 7:21-23) 

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!" (1 Corinthians 10:12)

Sometimes I lie to myself and think I'm really smart and that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I mean, I can quote verses and I pray and I read the Bible right? 

According to my actions, I could say that I'm a pretty good Christian... Then I read these verses and realise that no one, not even myself can be a judge of how "good" a Christian I am. 

There's no point in justifying anything I do in the eyes of men because the ultimate judge is God, who sees EVERYTHING, and judges the thoughts and ways of man's HEART. 

For example, sometimes I do good things out of impure intentions like wanting to be praised by other people. Or wanting to seem smarter and better than everyone else. On the outside, it may look good, but on the inside, it is a stench to our Lord Jesus Christ who perfectly embodies humility......


No comments: