Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Just Stuff

Yesterday felt strange without my camera or iPhone. 

I'd left my camera at my aunt's house and the iPhone with the boss. All the gadgets I was left with was my Blackberry Curve and an iPod Nano that's all out of battery. 

It made me remember..... just how important my camera was to me. 

I didn't really care too much about the iPhone being gone, but the camera? That's tough!

So I spent all last night rollerblading a different route from Punggol Watertown to East Coast Park without a map. Not that Apple's map is all that helpful anyway. I wrote all the directions down on a receipt. 

My skating wheels are really small now that I've been skating so frequently. They're almost worn all the way to the middle. As a result, it took a lot more energy and effort to remain at the same pace that I usually would. No wonder I woke up this morning feeling sore all over. 

That being said, when I got the iPhone back this morning, I immediately proceeded to reload all the apps that I use. Some crazy people like Shirley have a gadzillion pages filled with apps on their phones, while others like Talia just use it for really basic stuff. 

I guess I use it for some fun, but I've really cut down on my overall usage since last year. Been skating and reading more these days I guess. 

The next post will be about the kinds of apps I use. Just a personal record. I sometimes try to recall the kinds of games or websites I frequented while in secondary school but the only ones I could recall were Kazaa, Neopets, MiRC, Popcap, Hotmail, Friendster... I know there were way more, but I just can't remember. With technology moving at such a phenomenal speed, I better write these mundane things down now before life changes and I lose all these memories...






P.S. (updated next morning)



I feel as if someone's playing a joke on me.

Last night as I was praying, I felt God was asking me what the dearest things to me are right now and if I'm willing to give them all up.

One of the things I listed was my camera (LOL), and I said YES GOD I'M WILLING TO GIVE THEM ALL UP FOR YOU!

.
.
.
.

Then, my mom texted me this morning asking if she could borrow my camera next weekend when she's holidaying in Thailand. I was kinda unhappy because even though she already has her own DSLR, she wants to bring my camera instead because it's lighter (yeah that's why I chose it instead of a heavy DSLR!) and she said there's a weight restriction on the budget airline she's flying.

-___-

Well I said yes.


But....


>___<


Argh. Well you know sometimes you don't just voice promises to God without considering that He will test you to be true!

Dear God, please help me to be true to my word. Help me to not feel bitter or grudging, but to give with a willing and happy heart, remembering that all things in this world belong to you- the Creator.

Sigh... The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak!







No comments: