Thursday, January 03, 2013

Hello 2013

What an exciting and fun past few days it has been! I ushered in the new year with some friends watching fireworks at MBS, something that I've been wanting to do ever since I came back to Singapore. The fireworks were really awesome and I was not disappointed with my choice in year end activities. 

But now that the holidays are over and people are returning to work and school, I've been attacked by a sudden bout of depression. I don't even know if "depression" is the right word to use. It's more of a mix between restlessness, anxiety and tiredness. I don't know what in the world is the matter with me, but I do know that it is a strong indication that I need to spend more time with God. I guess I've just been so caught up in having fun and having more fun that I didn't spend enough time resting in His Word. 

It's really true what God says in the Bible: "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) 

When I am close to God, I really feel as if I could break walls with my bare hands. However when I don't feel as close, I feel so weak, like a pool of melted wax. 

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to start this year off on the right foot. Bring back my ever-wandering mind and heart to you, so that I can sit still at your feet and listen to your life-giving words. Apart from you I can do absolutely nothing; but more importantly, apart from you I have no life in me. I pray and ask that you will give life to this aching and tired heart of mine. In Jesus' name, Amen! 



No comments: