Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Weekend On The Cape

This has been a great weekend so far. Yesterday morning, we packed all the kids into the car and went to a huge church fair. There were so many people there that I could hardly breathe in the crowd. There were all sorts of antique furniture and pottery selling at ridiculous prices. If I had an old house to furnish, I would've gone into a buying frenzy. I saw plates from the 18th century selling for 8 bucks each and old tables selling for 5 dollars!

I didn't really want to spend any money but I got myself two books at the end. Four bucks isn't a bad deal for limited edition classics.


After that, I had the rest of the day off so I went to the beach and fell asleep out on the sand bar there since it was lowtide. When I woke up, the tide had come in and was almost at my feet so I jumped into the cold water and went for a really long swim/float excursion to the jetty and back. The day was beautifully spent but my feelings were mixed because I realised that it was probably the last day that I had to relax on the beach before leaving for Martha's Vineyard on Wednesday.


Today I've been left in charge of the kids until tomorrow. Just to keep them occupied, we set up a lemonade stand in the afternoon and they made forty-six dollars! It was the perfect hot afternoon to catch all the dehydrated beach-goers returning from their day out.

So my time on Cape Cod is finally drawing to an end and even though I am dying to get out of here, I know I am going to miss this life badly. Therefore, I am determined to keep living each day as if it were my last.

:)

When school reopens I'll rehash these memories to chase the winter blues away...





P.S.

I ran 7 miles yesterday and except for a little red dot, there are no traces of my stepping on a nail.

No comments: