Thursday, July 08, 2010

7 Minutes To Midnight

It's now 2330 and I'm finally done with organising and uploading all my pictures off the camera. That's pretty sad considering that I started around 0900.

At this point, I really wish I brought my own laptop with me. At least I wouldn't have to keep transferring pictures here, there and everywhere. It's exhausting!

Anyway, yesterday was quite enjoyable compared to today; because honestly, housework wasn't that fun at all...

But yesterday kind of tired me out anyway, so staying in was nice for a change.

The day started beautifully early.
I went for a run, then met up with Cass for breakfast at Bt. Timah Hawker Centre. I had a bowl of super yummy teochew fishball mee soup and grass jelly drink.

It was yummy yummy YUMMY!

After a long conversation about relationships and God, Cass and I decided to head to Tanjong Katong Shopping Centre- all the way on the other side of the world.

Took bus 173 to Clementi Interchange then bus 14 aaaaaalllllll the way to Katong.

I love sitting at the frontseat of double deckers! Then I can put my feet up on the ledge and let my toes get a nice tan.

When we got to Katong Shopping Centre, I was shocked to see all the old stores replaced by maid agency after maid agency after maid agency.

As I walked past the glass doors with forlorn looking maids sitting on the stools in a row, I couldn't help but thank God deep inside that I don't have to live as a maid.

It must be miserable, sitting in that room all day, being ordered around by your employer without much choice but to obey.

I also couldn't help but think that I could pass as a maid, walking next to the fair-skinned Cassandra...
Someone must've thought that she could be some rich tai tai's daughter and I would probably be her maid. Additionally, I was kind of dressed like one that day, with a pouch around my waist and everything.

:)

Anyway, after Cass went off to meet her friend, I left for East Coast Park to meet with Amanda and Rachel.

I was so glad to finally meet up with Amanda because I haven't seen her cute face in approximately 6 years.

Ever since I moved to the U.S., we've been keeping in touch but our previous attempts to meet during my visits to Singapore were never successful.

East Coast Park was a beauty yesterday. Simply breathtakingly sunny and blue.

I'm going to miss this sunny and hot weather so much.

After a while, Rachel finally arrived.

Then we went rollerblading!

Oh and I spent $64 on a new set of fast wheels. They still feel kind of fresh and my feet were aching by the time we were done, but I'm glad I got them; they really feel a lot faster than my older wheels.

It was awesome to be at East Coast Park with my secondary girlies again!

Muahaha I have big yellow feet.

On the way to the taxi stand, we saw a lovely tree.

Lovely trees are for climbing up and taking pictures on!

Also for Tarzan's future wife to live in.

After East Coast Park, I rushed back to Choa Chu Kang for my grandma's little birthday dinner.

Went to Siam Kitchen in Lot 1 for Thai food since New York, New York was crowded.

It was a great decision because I was definitely craving some tom yam soup.

My grandma is so cute!

The food really did turn out to be fantastic.

I'd definitely recommend the olive rice, chicken green curry, plum juice and tom yam soup if you ever make a trip there.

Very nice!

So tomorrow I'm probably going to go out to dinner with Elizabeth but she wants to go to Nicole's spinning event afterwards which is at a club.

I'm feeling rather apprehensive about it since I've renounced my clubbing and partying ways. I don't know how tomorrow is going to turn out and I won't make excuses in front of God.

I only pray that no matter what happens or what choices I make, that it will please God and that He will guide my every step of the way.

Goodnight!

No comments: