Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Morning!

I tried to sleep; but how can I go to sleep when the rest of this world is waking up?

The birds have come awake and you can hear people walking quickly on the wet pavements on their way to work.

They say there is a time and place for everything... A time to wake and a time to sleep. But I did not make much use of the latter.

Do you know this song? It goes: "The sky is dark and grey, but I don't care what the weatherman says. It's a beautiful day!" It really is.

It's a gorgeous morning.

The breeze is fresh from the rain and somehow, there is music in the air. A slow kind of happy melody that makes one feel like drinking tea on a foggy mountain and smiling little smiles.

There are droplets falling off the outside ledge and I can pretend they're dripping off icicles.

I can pretend they're icicles and yet relish the fact that in a few hours, it will probably be hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk.

Oh Singapore...

No comments: