Sunday, July 25, 2010

NDP Rehearsal

It's 01:39 but I refuse to wait a day longer to blog about the NDP Rehearsal.

I took a total of 188 photos that day and not even half of them are loaded onto Photobucket yet. The connection is pretty bad... But what is one to do?

I'm really sick of uploading photos, so I just decided to blog with some that I took near the beginning of the parade. There are simply too many! And besides, we'll see the whole thing on National TV in a week or so anyway.

This Saturday, Ah Kim (Dua Gu's wife) brought me along with her to watch the NDP Rehearsal since Dua Gu (mother's elder brother) had extra tickets to share.


Super exciting!


The crew.


I tried calling Huimin several times throughout the week but that girl chose not to answer any of my calls or messages nor did she return any of those calls later. I wanted to ask her along to watch the parade since my Ah Kim suggested it, but I just got so sick of chasing her around. I mean seriously, Ah Kim and I thought she'd disappeared off the face of this earth.

Called Talia up and she decided to come even though she had a late night and was a little reluctant.


In true Singaporean kiasu fashion, we arrived there with the Padang still vastly empty.


Unfortunately, due to a ticket screw-up, Talia and I had to be separated from the rest of the group.

Didn't matter though... We were ready for the show to start!


Thanks to Dua Gu's tickets, we got VIP seats.


We then proceeded to get the "motivator" guy to give us some balloons.


Our motivator guy was supposed to be some sort of cheerleader figure- there to inspire passion and excitement in the crowd. Sadly, he himself didn't seem very "motivated" or even awake. I think Talia and I were the most "motivated" people there; busy taking pictures, laughing like maniacs, being retarded and having fun just being ourselves.


Waiting patiently for 17:30.


As we were peeling oranges to eat, it suddenly dawned upon us that we were all in red and there were ORANGES.

Chinese New Year!

Kua kua kua!


Wonder how much that screen costs.


The parachute dudes were awesome.

There must be so much mental pressure involved in trying to land safely and smoothly in front of a crowd over 20,000. Oh, and on 9th August itself, in front of the whole of Singapore...... And the expats staring out their CBD windows and Raffles Hotel.


Besides the VIP area, all the other seats at the Padang was filled with the Primary 5 crowd.

Man oh man I really wanted to be eleven again! All the "old" people that were sitting in our section were so boring and quiet. But the Primary 5's were so noisy and enthusiastic! I could literally feel the soundwaves from their bleachers fly across the Padang and hit me in the face.


Since it was only a rehearsal, they had a fake Lee Hsien Loong play the part.

But the really hilarious one was when they announced the arrival of the MM, PM and CM... Then what appeared were three men in white uniform holding up placards that said "MM", "PM" and "CM" in giant red letters.

HILARIOUS!

We were laughing our butts off and I snapped some pictures of it but I'm too lazy to load it up so... there you'll just have to take my word for it that it was pretty funny.

As usual, nobody in our crowd wanted to cheer for the fake ministers.
So sad!

The rest of the parade was a blast.

My favourite part was when the fighter jets came and flew overhead. Oh yes and Talia's favourite part is probably when the soldier guys came marching by. She was eating something before and dropped it when she saw a cute guy walk past.

LOL!

I see my English deterioriates with time...

More blogging next time when I'm not so spaced out.

Bye!

No comments: