Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blessed Days

I feel so blessed right now because yesterday and today were really good days.

For one, Mo came to visit us with her baby girl yesterday at track practice. It's so weird to see her as a mom now. When she graduated, getting married and having a kid were among the last things I'd expected her to do. But here she is, still seeming like the same person but different...

How time flies!

After practice, Nat and I pranked Telly by pasting Post-its all over her door.

We'd actually planned this for a long time now- since last year! We figured that Tuesdays evenings were the best time because Telly would be at work. Who knew that YESTERDAY of all Tuesdays, she would be getting a room inspection?

So yes, unfortunately we were caught red-handed by Miss Telly herself. Not that she minded at all.

Because they were messages of love.

After pranking Telly, we went (once again) to Kean University for a dodgeball game.

This time, there were so many people jammed into one court that I got bored halfway through and dropped out to play something else on my own.

It was nice though, just to hang out and stuff.

Fast forward to this afternoon- we had to do community service after track practice.

Street cleaning...

Holding up signs to get cars to honk at us. We wanted them to know that this was a grassroots movement in keeping the city clean; and that we weren't inmates.

Everyone had a lot more fun than we expected.

After that, I had a bunch of girls over to dye Easter eggs and hang out.

It was interesting to see what designs all of us came up with.

Hidden artistic talents in all of us!

I am really enjoying my last few weeks as a college senior- so much so that I don't really want to leave. Why why why do I always begin to really enjoy myself when I'm about to leave a place?

Well I'm just going to keep giving thanks to God who is awesome and from whom all good things come. I can't control my life and where I'll be in the years to come, but I can and will always give thanks for the grace He's giving me day by day.

Still, spending time with people is draining and distracting. I need some quiet time with my dearest God, pronto.

Goodnight world.


No comments: