Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Allergic To The World

Because all the trees have been flowering lately, my nose and eyes have been assaulted by massive waves of pollen. Every morning I wake up with a nose more watery than the Hudson river and eyes as swollen as a bullfrog's. But no, I wouldn't exchange my allergies for cooler weather. It's so nice to be able to walk around in flipflops and shorts again!

Unfortunately, my allergies aren't the only thing assaulting me right now. I've also come down with an official case of SENIORITIS.

Yes, this in the face of a 20 page law essay due next Wednesday and two big finals to prepare for. Not to mention in two weeks, we'll be having our MAAC outdoor track championships.

But what's one to do when the weather is so fine and there are so many opportunities to go out and play?

Not only do I feel unmotivated to study, I also lack inspiration to run hard at track practice. Sadly, this lack of discipline is slowly affecting my healthy diet which is falling apart as we speak. I don't want to go to classes or do my laundry.

Is it solely the weather's fault? I don't think so.

I think spiritually, I've been getting lazy with my prayer life and taking more shortcuts with things concerning God. Because my spiritual life is such, it translates into everything else that I do. I just can't seem to shake out of it...

There's a fun event going on in school right now but I'm sitting here in my room because I just want a little quiet time. There's just been too much going on these past few days, activities-wise.

Okay, I know. One last charge and I'll be done right? Sigh...

Then it's time to step out into the big wide world........


No comments: