Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Being Content



I been thinking a bit more about what I wrote last night. 

Is my heart really being restless right now? What am I still unsatisfied with?

I couldn't figure it out. But when I heard this song again today, I felt like I didn't need to know what I was being unsatisfied with. There is only one thing I need to know: Jesus Christ.

The chorus of this song goes-

The greatest blessing in this life
Is to be able to know God
The greatest blessing in this life
Is to be able to believe in Jesus our Lord

When I look at the riches I have found in Christ, everything in life seems to pale in comparison. If I lose my family, my job, my home today, I can still be joyful, because I can have true contentment and peace in Jesus Christ alone. 

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to be content, resting in You no matter if I'm in health or sickness, in joy or despair. Through sad times and blessed moments, grant me your peace like a river in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 



No comments: