Thursday, April 05, 2012

Rollerblading Nights

No prizes for guessing what I did tonight!


As usual, I didn't bring my regular camera with me. I only had my phone to take pictures with. 


Still, I did manage to get some cool shots.

We bladed a total of about 35km (21 miles) tonight. Went from ION Orchard to Suntec, over Nicoll Highway to ECP. Rested at the McDonald's by Jumbo, then headed on down to East Bay Gardens at Tanjong Rhu. Took the ECP Expressway towards Beach Road and eventually Raffles Hotel on the way back to ION Orchard.

It was a pretty exciting night!


My favourite part was chilling by the waterfront watching the Singapore skyline, listening to music and just rolling around.


Rollerblading has opened my eyes to so many hidden parts in Singapore. I've gone over this bridge in a car a hundred times, but I would have never known there was this tag on the other side of the barrier if I never rollerbladed across instead.

It's like every activity that you do, whether walking, jogging, cycling, rollerblading or driving, you get to see a different aspect of the same street. I guess your eyes just notice different things when you are going at different speeds. 

Your needs differ as well. 

For example, if I'm driving, I'm probably looking out for buildings, landmarks and street signs. But when I'm rollerblading, I'm looking out for barriers, curbs and kinks in the pavement. If I'm walking, I may see certain tiny details along the streets; and if I'm jogging I'd be getting a more general view. 

I don't know what I like more though, the awesome exercising part of rollerblading or the sightseeing aspect. 

I just thank God everyday for this awesomeness!

Thank you God, not just for the blessings in my life, but also the hardships... I know that whatever happens, happens for the good of those who love You. Help me Lord, to love You in all that I think, say and do. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen. 

Have a wonderful Good Friday everyone, let's remember the tremendous sacrifice Christ made on the cross and thank Him with genuine repentant hearts. 



No comments: