Monday, April 02, 2012

Picture Updates

Just a quick update before I go to bed...


Went to Food Republic at Somerset 313 for lunch last Friday. Can't believe the cleaners there are riding segways!


Friday night, I was at Nanjya Monjya for dinner. Sorry for the bad pictures in advance. I've got no photo skills these days. 


The ingredients for the monjya to come at the end.


Some potato/meat stuffed thing.


These fried pieces of chicken were AWESOME! I think I could finish five plates in one sitting.


Stir-fried prawns.


The lady preparing nanjya for us. Nanjya/monjya is like japanese pancake/pizza on a hot grill. It's got all sorts of veggies and meat in it, fried together into the shape of a pancake. 


I was actually there for work, so I felt kinda awkward and out of place. Plus, I didn't bother to dress up- was wearing ah soh clothing while the bloggers were looking pretty. 


At least the food was tasty!


Hayley being a master chef.


The lady working at Nanjya Monjya was so nice! I asked if she could make our pancake into a heart shape and she conceded with a pleasant smile. 


I'm glad I didn't drink any sake that night. I went rollerblading right after dinner and didn't want to trip and fall. 


On Saturday, my family gathered together for a potluck.


I was only home briefly for about an hour before I left to rollerblade for Earth Hour. (Blogged about that in my last post I think)


Celebrated Edmond's birthday at House of Bread on Sunday. 


This evening, I went with family to the new Peperoni's branch on Zion Road. 


I haven't all the pizza places in Singapore yet, but this place definitely serves better pizza than Domino's or Pizza Hut. Today we had a pizza topped on one side with prosciutto/mushroom, and the other side with seafood. I've got to say, the standard seems better at the branch in Binjai Park, however Zion Road's Peperoni's is much much cleaner. 


Got some books from the bookstore that I've been meaning to get.


Got six macaroons from TWG for $12. Just felt like it. I walk past this place everyday and never ventured to buy any macaroons.

They're not bad actually, but they're definitely not meant to be eaten on its own. They're too sweet for that. Should've paired them with some tea. 

I don't know why everyone is crazy about macaroons though. I understand they're pretty, colourful and take a certain amount of time, effort and skill to make. But they're just, pastries... food... I think the $1 ice cream sold out along Orchard Road in those pushcarts taste so much better and are more "gourmet" than this sticky crap that stains my bedsheets (note to self: do not eat macaroons while lying in bed). 

I don't hate macaroons. I just feel cheated every time I eat them. 

You know they used to throw these out by the box at the end of the night when I worked in NYC.





No comments: