Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blading All Day

It's now April 1st, 2:34:56!

And I don't know why I feel like blogging all of a sudden...

Today has definitely been an exciting day. Today meaning March 31st. If you haven't realised, Earth Hour took place yesterday. Now I'm not a big green environmentalist hippie person, but I love the idea of a city turning its lights off for one hour on this day. Though I find it really ironic that during Earth Hour, lots of people come out onto the streets with glow sticks (including yours truly) that are not only non-biodegradable, they are also toxic to the environment. 

And while the hippies rave on and on about how saving electricity is great for the earth (saving fossil fuels), they seem to conveniently forget that light pollution is also one thing worth saving. 

Well enough criticism.

I went for a rollerblading sesh at 19:30 from ION to the Singapore Flyer, to MBS and back with almost 100 other skaters for this Earth Hour event. It was sooooo crowded! I ended up leaving the pack with just the bunch of us and we went our own way instead, away from the rest of the people. 

That was actually my second time blading today. 

In total I rollerbladed three times today. In fact, I just came back from my third sesh. Maybe that's why I'm so hyper and decided to blog all of a sudden. 

Ahhhhhhh! 

I'm beginning to wonder if rollerblading has become my idol in any way? Is it getting in the way of my relationship with God? 

I think sometimes when I get home really late at night, I'm tempted to just sleep and not read my Bible or talk to Him at all. I just want to lie in bed and eat or play Scramble. 

Dear God, I really really really thank you for this blessing- being able to rollerblade. I just pray that You will help me remember what I'm really here on this earth for. It is to bring You glory and to praise Your Name. I pray that in every rollerblading session, my words and actions will resound with Your love and wisdom. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen! 




No comments: