Saturday, March 17, 2012

Family Saturday

I feel like I haven't spent a day at home for quite a few weekends now. So this Saturday, I decided not to go out or do anything with friends. 


In the afternoon, I went downstairs with Max to wade in the pool.


The sun was out and I'd wanted to get some vitamin D.


The lighting was great and I couldn't resist taking some pics of him. They're so cute at this age!


It looks relaxing and green, but the street below is so noisy that it's not as peaceful as it looks.


The gardens sure are pleasing to the eye though. 


Max and I played a very silly game of hide-and-seek. I would hide in the most obvious places so he could feel that sense of accomplishment. 


The orchids are in bloom. 


Today is one of those days when I kinda miss those boys back in Ridgewood NJ that I babysat in 2009. 


In the evening, after rollerblading, we were supposed to go downstairs for a barbecue dinner. However, the sky looked threatening and we began to hear thunder. 


My parents decided to simply barbecue the food but bring it to eat upstairs instead.


The meat came out awesome. I really missed eating good burgers and hotdogs!


The salad was really good too. People in Singapore eat less fat, but they hardly eat any fresh vegetables. Hawker food used to contain a lot more veggies back then; I don't know what happened in the past ten years but they seem to have disappeared from most dishes. 

For example, prawn noodles no longer come with kang kong like they used to. 

I rollerbladed this afternoon at ECP, but my bearings were so dirty that eventually I could barely move. Then I took my blades for some maintenance cleaning for $8 at Hvper and they're a lot smoother now.

Even so, my legs were still itching at night and I managed to convince my mom to come cycling with me to MBS at night. 


I got a small scrape outside 313 Somerset.

But no matter how small or serious the scrape/injury, I always make it a point to take good care of the wound. The routine is as follows: 

1) Wash thoroughly with warm water, removing all dirt particles.
2) Wipe dry with tissues.
3) Clean with alcohol swabs (this is usually more painful than getting injured itself)
4) Add Neosporin to the wound (antibiotic cream)
5) Cover loosely with gauze.

Five steps is all it takes to make sure the wound heals nicely. 

These are just superficial wounds. 

But what about emotional wounds? The scars that have been left behind in my heart. The ones I think have disappeared, but reappear from time to time in bad dreams and deprecating thoughts. 

Have I taken every necessary step to remove the dirt and sanitize the wound?

Or did I simply cover the wound with a rough bandaid without bothering to clean it first......



No comments: