Sunday, March 18, 2012

Contentment Lies In Christ

I miss school. 

But I love that I get a salary now.

I love the hot weather.

But I wish I'd rolled in the snow at least once this year.

I love rollerblading.

But I miss track like crazy.

Why can't I just be content with what I have, with what today has to offer?

Have you ever felt like life was just passing you by, one week at a time? I'm starting to feel that way now every Sunday. I look back at my week and ask: what have I done with the time given to me?

I begin to wish that I'd done certain things.

Is 2012 going to be a year of wishing?

I really don't know. 

We're three months deep into 2012 and I'm full of "I wish I had done xxx on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday". 

Now if I can just take my gaze off of myself, my life, my time, I can begin to see the bigger plans God has. Instead of thinking of ways to have fun during the week, perhaps I can focus my energies on serving others. In the hustle and bustle of the work week, perhaps quiet time with the Prince of Peace is all it takes to set the record straight again.

What do I have to lose?


No comments: