Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Hello, it's now 09:57 and I have to type real fast before heading off to work. 


Last Friday was Good Friday and I attended a baptism in the evening.


It is always a blessing to watch a brother or sister in Christ decide that they want to give up their old life to be born again in Jesus. And how significant a day that LC chose to be baptised!

Since the whole Easter season celebrates Jesus' resurrection from the dead, it is only fitting that we also recognise a born-again Christian's death to sin and new birth into a life of freedom in Christ.


We had big BIG dinner afterwards.


And Cinderella cupcakes with sparkly sprinkles on top! I wasn't able to capture it in this photo, but the cupcakes glimmer and glitter under the light. 

Soooo pretty and sooo delicious!


On Saturday evening, I headed to the new mall JCube (built where Jurong Entertainment Centre used to be). I was really skeptical about the new Chili's restaurant there, but decided to join my friend for dinner anyway.


Overall the interior of the restaurant was quite similar to what you'd expect in an American Chili's. However since it's new, it's also really clean and nice-smelling. We'll see what happens in a few years though...


They ordered fried chicken thingys which cost a whopping $22 per plate! I imagine this should only cost about $12 in the U.S.


To the left of our table, we could see the new Olympic-sized ice skating rink aptly named "The Rink". 


Since there were three of us, there was no one sitting in front of me and I could look directly out to the escalator on the other side of the glass. It was the most awkward seating position ever! Each time people went down the escalator, they'd stare at me eating (undoubtedly with my mouth half-full, talking). And I'd stare right back at them. Where else could I look?

o__O

Awkward. Very awkward indeed.


I ordered shrimp alfredo pasta for $18. Again, another terribly expensive dish that made me feel cheated of my money. However, the one saving grace is that it's not as oily as its American counterpart. This was also way cheesier- just the way I like it.


After dinner, I met up with some of the rest of the rollerblading crew since we were going to go ice-skating. Spent some time on the DDR and JuBeat machines. 

Oh yeah! *Does happy dance ^^v*


We'd bought tickets to the 21:45 skating slot since all the previous ones were already sold out by 19:00! Just a note if you want to skate there on the weekend- BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY! 

By the way, Saturday nights are disco nights and that's when all the really good skaters come out to play. It's fun to watch them go round and round the rink super fast (like penguins), though it's a bit scary to feel them whoosh past you.


Because we were playing an intense game of tag and throwing ice at each other in the rink, one of us was bound to get hurt. Poor Bernard fell and his head started bleeding. Well, I guess he kind of deserved it since he was the main culprit throwing ice at all of us! HAHA!

The nice thing is, we all got to see what the first aid room looked like...

Sorry Bernard, if you read this, I hope your head is fine now, but THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR THROWING ICE AT US! xD


This probably won't be our last outing here...


It took us about six jumps to finally get this shot right! Wheee!!


Alright Sunday morning after church, I went to visit Ah yee and Tori, the cute widdle schnauzer pup that they got recently.


She's at least three times her size since I last saw her now!


And besides being extremely cute, she's also picked up a few tricks such as learning how to eat on command.


*I want food nao please :(*


Went with them to have a quick lunch at Yuhua.


When all of a sudden it started pouring heavily. Thunder, lightning, etc. If you were in Singapore, you'll remember the intense rain that caused flooding in various parts of the island.


But even in the intense rain, we would have fun.


Guess what...


It's the perfect time to play with paper boats!

Fortunately I still had some scrap paper in my bag that we folded into little sampans.


At House of Bread, we dyed Easter eggs. Annie got creative and wrote "hope" and "peace" on her eggs. I want some of that!


I took to getting my eggs multi-coloured.


To whom do these eggs belong?

In case you were wondering, we used food dye with a bit of vinegar to colour the eggs. For words, we wrote with crayon on the shells first. The crayons are from crayola so they're not toxic. Thanks to Kim who provided all the eggs and dye and crayons!

I love eating the eggs afterwards. My favourite is to take the hard-boiled egg, dip it in soy sauce and eat it cold. Yummmm! There are six still in my fridge if anyone wants some.


This time last year, I celebrated Easter in another country, with different people... 

Sigh.

Where will we be next year?





1 comment:

Becky's blog said...

I love getting to see how you over in Singapore! i truly miss you! Happy belated Easter, (but we celebrate His Resurrection every day dont we?:))