Thursday, November 01, 2012

Back To School


Last night on the way home, I saw the most interesting scene- a secondary school boy on a segway at the traffic junction, obviously on his way home. 

When I saw that, every fibre of my 23 year old being instantly felt old

Come on, when I was in secondary school, people either rode buses, got dropped off by their parents or walked to school. NOBODY rode segways! At least not at my school......


Speaking of school, the last time I had to mug for exams was well over a year ago. However, in the next few months, this will be my life again. I started on the first chapter last night and my studying speed was about 5 pages per hour, which means I spent 12 minutes on each page!!! 

Can you say slow as a tortoise?

I sincerely hope I will get faster at this, if not I'll really be done for.

That being said, I remember reading something along the lines of Romans 9:16 a few days ago. It says: "it does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy"

Because of this verse, I think that God gives us seemingly insurmountable challenges to remind us of how much we need His grace and mercy. It's only when we are driven to the corner, stripped of all natural abilities, talents and knowledge, do we acknowledge His sovereignty in every little decision in our lives. 

So.... Here's to stepping into the unknown once again. 






2 comments:

tetyana said...

you're going back to school??! elaborate!

Mindy said...

Maybe over Skype ;)