Friday, November 16, 2012

DanceDanceRevolution

These past few days have been nothing short of crazy. Why? Because I have this terrible habit of becoming totally and entirely absorbed in something once it catches my fancy! Since last December, rollerblading has been the thing that caught my undivided attention. Call me up 3am in the morning, I'll probably agree to go skating with you just because I love it so much. However now that it's the rainy season, skating every night has more or less become impossible. 

Not being able to skate every night made me quite depressed actually. I can't go a night without doing something utterly exhausting. I don't know why. So then, full of itch and energy, my legs trotted into an arcade last Friday with the intention of playing one game of DDR. I never thought that the one game would turn into a few hours of sweating out endorphins by the bucket. 

That Friday night Shirley and I met some really pro DDR players at the arcade and they taught us how to use the machine. I never even knew that Singapore had some sort of DDR association. Those people apparently fly around Asia to go for competitions and stuff. Anyway I have a ton of respect for those pro DDR players now. Doing what they do, it's pretty insane and requires years of dedication and practice. 

ANYWAY. 

Back to the topic. 

I've been going to the arcade EVERY SINGLE NIGHT so far just to play DDR. On Monday Shirley and I decided to go to Dhoby Ghaut instead of our usual Cineleisure and we discovered that the DDR machine there was quite empty. For me it was like discovering a gold mine. 

So...... Now every night before I fall asleep I still see arrows flashing in front of my eyes. When I type on my laptop or phone, the sound just reminds me of feet tapping on the DDR pad. The DDR songs keep ringing in my ears and I have an overwhelming need to watch Youtube videos and play along with my fingers.

I don't know why I have such a one track mind. My dad says this is a bad habit that I have to learn to control.

The habit of getting carried away.... 

Sigh





DDR TONIGHT!!!!!! 









P.S. This is Wei Li (one of the pros) on DDR. I can't even...........





No comments: