Saturday, October 18, 2008

The End Is For You

That's Tamara and I after the cross country meet today. I did very poorly, and my coach is extremely disappointed. But what can I say? I had a rather crazy week and it affected me. No excuses. I just need to catch up on sleep.

The funny thing is, I'm not even disappointed in myself like I usually am after a bad race. I feel more or less resigned... There's just been so much drama coming from track alone that recently I've just developed a platonic sort of feeling towards being on the school team.

I'm just as passionate as ever about running though. I love it. It is my life. It's my caffeine in the morning, the spark in my day. Normal people nowadays get up and grab a coffee every morning to feel alive. I, need to run.

I shall miss Miss Poland when she leaves SPC next year. And Miss Schultz too, since I'll probably be leaving as well.

Isn't it amazing how as we move on with our hectic lives, we meet people along the way, have our lives intertwine for a few moments, then we disentangle ourselves and move on along in different directions... It's like we're involved in a vast giant web of connections. Facebook proves that point over and over again.

Have you ever had the experience of finding out that one of your friends is friends with another friend of yours, and you had no clue this whole while? It's so much fun for me! Haha. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

I'm cooking food for the week again. This goes into my soup, minus the huge round of beef that is still defrosting as I type.
This goes into the salad. Notice how wrinkly the egg on the left is? It looks like a dinosaur egg! My gut says "don't eat it! You'll die!", but I really want to try it, just to see what a wrinkly egg tastes like. Hah. I wonder why it's wrinkly?

I know the chemical DDT affects bald eagles' egg shells (makes the shells too thin so the babies die); maybe my egg is suffering the same sort of problem... Too many chemicals added into one hen? Perhaps.

One can't be too sure these days, of what you're eating. Are you sure it's chicken you're having? It's starting to taste more and more like plastic and less and less like real chicken (and I've had REAL chicken from the village before... so different) these days.

But I must have my eggs. Wrinkles or not, I'll eat it.

So will кошка I bet. She loves the junk cat dried food that I give her occasionally.

You know watching her reminds me a lot of people these days. They don't really care about their health anymore, just as long as their kids are in college and the paycheques come every month, they don't care if that cheeseburger is going to end up in their thighs.

Well of course that is a superficial concern, but the thing that upsets me the most is that the cheeseburger doesn't just goes into your thighs.. It affects every single part of you; physically, psychologically, emotionally... We just don't see or feel it anymore because we've had so much junk throughout our lives that we are just living in this almost "zombie" state where living miserably has become a norm.

Haven't you noticed how many people tend to fall asleep in class nowadays despite their 8 hours of sleep? Why is it that most people on the street look haggard and tired all the time? Why is it that there are so many people gasping for breath after only climbing up one flight of stairs?

I never knew myself, when I was unhealthy back then. It sort of creeps up on you like a shadow. I was just lucky to be weird enough to stick to running... Only after I got healthy again did I realise how unhealthy I was before.

I don't know. I sort of went off on a tangent didn't I?

I've been reading my posts from 2007 and comparing them to 2008. Boy. Did my brain pause in 2008 or what? I was so wrapped up with the events of my life (even until now) that I haven't been able to spit up thought-provoking crap in a while besides "oh it's been a LONG week" and "wow my life SUCKS". Hah I guess my blogging has gone commercial.

But here I am, still trying to keep to my promise of blogging "at least once a day".

I figured that getting back in the habit will force myself to spew more intellectual crap. Hopefully I'll start getting better in writing and get out of this stale rut that I've been in for some time now.

The nights are pleasant, quiet and cold. With a cup of tea and a warm kitty on my lap, I say we're set for a cosy session of more Korean dramas (Love Marriage) and Youtube movies (Брат).

Goodnight people.

If you're feeling discouraged tonight; well, I don't want to say "don't feel discouraged" because it's a little silly.... But why not do yourself a favour and go out for a relaxing jog/walk... Call some friends up for a nice BBQ, fish... reconnect with nature or with yourself? Dwell on your problems long enough to figure out a solution, but afterwards, leave them all behind because you don't need them anymore. Enjoy your life in a non-destructive manner, get yourself out of the cycle. Start afresh, move ahead... Enjoy the sunlight on your back and the moonrays on your face.. The sand under your feet and the wind caressing your skin... Why look for Love when Love is looking for you........?

You know who you are.

A bientot! Пока!


P.S.
Artist: DDT
Translation: Malezhik (Youtube)


The skies are riding a horse
That's an autumn parade
The skies are making up those
Who's to be awarded
But on a telly there are lies about the war
I'm living on scales
My song, no doubt,
Is of a rainy type
My song is not sang
And not dressed up
My song is an answer
For Anna's and Lisa's letters
Splashes of wind are hanging
On drenched cornices
The spring gathered them with lips...
And disappeared
With a grief on my shoulders
I will crawl to the road.
To die -- is nothing
If you are a bit drunk
But something stops me from leaving you
That's our "we"
Where danger and delusions
There are living graves
For the faithfulness and food
We are risen by a hayfork.
We're dancing on turns,
And the turns take ages
There is no finish for anyone
Even for those who are not around
Our song is in the clouds
And till now nothing,
Nothing really happened
I still remembered yesterday
That I had seen the
Life in my dreams.
This autumn the life appeared.
And if there's only devilry around
And if everything is too unstable
Dear God, love everyone of us quietly
Dear God, love everyone of us loudly
Sometimes our life is overgrown with flowers
That means, my friend,
He passed between us
But it is difficult to notice Him
And if there's only devilry around
And common for everyone -- too unstable
Dear God, love everyone of us quietly
Dear God, love everyone of us loudly
Dear God, love everyone of us quietly
Dear God, love everyone of us loudly
Dear God...

No comments: