Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Worrying About The Future

Wow, another gorgeous night!

I just came back from Jersey Gardens mall. Went there to get clothes for work because the dress code for tomorrow's job changed to a pencil skirt and black heels.

So I'll be working in heels tomorrow!

But I don't mind. I got a pair that had been double discounted in Aldo, and they're extremely comfortable. I could sleep in them if I wanted to.

You know, sometimes I read my past entries and just think to myself: who cares about the fact that you bought such and such a shirt, or ate such and such a dinner? I know when I read other people's blogs and they go off about what they ate at which restaurant, I just sort of skim it over because I really don't give a shit. So most probably everyone else who comes here skims it over too because it really is mundane stuff.

But it's nice for me to record the mundane things just because I can read and reminiscence about things I've done and places I've been to.

I wonder how long I will be writing on this blog before I get sick of it. Four more years? Five? I don't know. The longer the better of course. But who knows what will happen in the future? Maybe some crazy technological advances will make blogs completely obsolete... Or maybe a meteor's going to destroy half of Earth and everybody will go back to living like cavemen again since there will be no Internet, computers, etc... Or maybe I'll just find a better site.

I guess it's all up to Blogger to keep improving themselves to keep up with the generations.

People say recession is inevitable and things are only going to get worse. I'm hearing rumours of mass retrenchment everywhere. Most people I talk to seem to be "looking for a job" rather than working. Even my church talks about getting ready for perhaps the biggest crowd ever when recession hits America hard. I get so scared when I hear about all these things.

The rumblings and grumblings of the economy will have a huge impact on my life, I know that for sure. I'm already feeling the pinch and it's not even in full effect. So what is it going to be like when it gets really bad?

But then I go back to the bible and His word always gives me hope again. I'm sure God knows exactly what he's doing. I'm sure he has my back and yours too. So I'm going to buckle up and just keep doing when I need to be doing.

For now, that means going to sleep.
Goodnight!

No comments: