Sunday, October 12, 2008

Look What The Cat Dragged In

Time for a long rambling post? Yes, I think it's due time.

After my close nervous breakdown sometime during the middle of this week, things started to get better. A LOT better in fact. I have a catering job with a new company coming up next week, and then another job with someone I know during the following week, so that's a relief. Money is slowly trickling in. My fridge is full now thanks to my parents, and the gas meter is up. Still have to pay the electric bill though.

With regards to modelling, I'm just going to castings and trying to build my portfolio right now. Also, I just realised that I have a terrible walk. It looks easy, but walking like a model and walking on heels on the street are two completely different things!

And since I wasn't about to walk around in heels all winter, I decided that I'll bow my head and go get myself a pair of comfortable ugly UGGS!

If you didn't know (and you probably wouldn't since I never said it here on my blog before), I absolutely detest UGGS. I think they look ridiculously frumpy, cumbersome, and boring.

But yes, I got my mom to get me a fake pair because I looked in my shoe closet and realised that the only closed-toed shoes I had were all heels. Other than that, I only had slippers or flipflops. How sad! And since I anticipate running around the city a lot this winter, I refuse to treat my feet like this.

So I told myself to get a pair of UGGly looking shoes.

They grew on me though. I like them now. Heehee.

кошка has been a very good kitty. Look what she dragged in the other day!
Ok to be honest, I have no idea where she got this creature from. First of all, кошка's not even allowed out of the apartment, which means she must've gotten it from inside the house. But where? I wish I knew. I like mice. I'd catch one and keep it as a pet. Cups arrived from Singapore (thank you Aunty Cindy!) and so did several other household items that I had purchased from Daiso while I was there this June. I love my kitchen cupboard now! I can't wait to go cook all sorts of things... But if only I knew how to cook Japanese food!

Boy I really miss Singapore now. I don't care how crappy Sakae Sushi is; I would love to have a Sakae buffet right now :(

As for today's activities, I went to Sunday school this morning. My church is part of the Assemblies of God. I am taking a new members' class for a few weeks before being accepted as a new member of the church. Then after church I went home since Basia had a muscle cramp and we couldn't go running or to play tennis. I've just been home relaxing for the first time in some time while watching "Love Marriage". Yay for free Korean dramas online! Tonight's activities are still undecided.

That said, tomorrow is Columbus Day, which means no school! Which also means I have the whole day to study for my remaining two midterms. I can't wait to get them over and done with. Good luck to everyone who has some kind of exam or test coming up!

That's about it for now.

I'm just trying to get through each day at a time, you know... keep it real... hahahahahaha!

No comments: